Home > >
Evidence suggests that Care Closer to home is a much better way of providing care to patients because it addresses the sustainability of the local health system, whilst reducing staff pressures and improving the patient experience. Care Closer to Home over the next couple of years has been designed to bring about the following benefits:
1) Better co-ordination of care for patients moving through North
East Essex’ whole health system - via the Community Gateway.
2) Easier access to services enabled by Care Co-ordinators. In time patients should only need to have one assessment saving the need to repeat your story to different clinicians.
3) Supporting patients to take control of their own health and
well-being - working with clinicians to develop you own Integrated Care Plans.
1) More time to care - by reducing duplication of effort, and giving
clinicians easy access to the information required to make effective, quick
2) Care where it’s needed - delivering more health and care services in the community, at home, and with GPs.
Today we are working pro-actively with key partners including
North East Essex CCG, Colchester University Hospital, North Essex Partnership
NHS Foundation Trust, GPs, Essex County Council, North East Essex Voluntary and
Community Sectors and Patients Groups to ensure we are ready for system-wide integration.